Monday, March 5, 2012

What have you done that wasn't for your own benefit?.......honestly????

Before I get into the details of the current post, I admit I haven't done anything worth mention. However, I take personal pride in referring one of my former students Sandeep, who is a fellow at TEACH for INDIA. I personally believe its an amazing program and i respect the youngsters who have participated in this program and dedicated 'two' crucial years of their career building period. I honestly admit that committing two years to something like this, needs self-motivation and visionary thinking. When it comes to just donating few bucks from our pocket to someone who is in dire need, we often ask ourselves; " REALLY! My little contribution is gonna make a difference to his/her life?" and most often we hear a negative response from within us and we skip donating. But to believe that their contribution will bring difference and to work towards it, one has to be visionary and philanthropic. Though I regret, I could not do it myself, I am glad I am able to appreciate someone who has done it. My appreciation extends to every young Indian who has participated in the 'Teach for India' program and served the nation.

No comments:

Post a Comment